Director of Public Health Program and Faculty teaching Epidemiology sought a learning environment that:
- Helps students build competencies using real-world public health data and analytical software for analysis, interpretation and data visualization
- Give students an experience with software applications used in professional settings today
- Ensure access and equity to software resources, even in a remote learning setting
ETA team designed, tested and launched the VLE using AWS AppStream 2.0 in just 72 days from start to classroom use.
- access the virtual Microsoft desktop provisioned with their analytical software applications (VLE) via Canvas – Single Sign On from Canvas
- carry out exercises in the VLE using the software applications
- store their work in the VLE on Google Drive
- download completed assignments back to Canvas.